Rylan and I have been having such a great time sprinkling the town with our small acts of kindness, honoring the children and women of the Sandy Hook shooting. Rylan has enjoyed passing out his envelopes filled with gifts and even got his father to help. It has been a nice activity for the family and we are having so much fun spreading some cheer.
Our 26 Acts of Kindness:
1. In honor of Charlotte Bacon, Age 6 ~ We gave the security guard that we see almost every day a gift card to Starbucks. He now greets the kids with a big smile and hello!
2. In honor of Daniel Barden, Age 7 ~ We handed one lucky guy a gift card as he was walking into Starbucks.
3. In honor of Olivia Engel, Age 6 ~ Rylan gave his favorite front desk clerk at the gym, Sephora, a gift card.
4. In honor of Josephine Gay, Age 7 ~ We paid someone’s parking meter by leaving an envelope filled with quarters taped to their meter with a note.
5. In honor of Dylan Hockley, Age 6 ~ Rylan handed a man in line at Dunkin Donuts, a Dunkin Donuts gift card. The man laughed out loud and thanked Rylan for the generous gift. Rylan walked away smiling ear to ear.
6. In honor of Madeleine Hsu, Age 6 ~ I bought coffee for the guy who has been working hard at renovating our home.
7. In honor of Catherine Hubbard, Age 6 ~ We bought baby clothes off a random baby registry and sent it to the new parents.
8 & 9. Chase Kowalski, Age 7 and Jesse Lewis, Age 6 ~ Rylan took his dad to the nearest Red Box for movies and taped two bags of microwave popcorn to the box with a note.
10. In honor of Ana Marquez-Greene, Age 6 ~ Made a birthday card for George, our greeter at church.
11. In honor of James Mattioli, Age 6 ~ We wrote a letter thanking the police officers that helped secure our home while we were away and copied Mayor Menino.
12 – 17. In honor of Grace McDonnell, Age 7, Emilie Parker, Age 6, Jack Pinto, Age 6, Noah Pozner, Age 6, Caroline Previdi, Age 6, and Jessica Rekos, Age 6 ~ We gave gifts (placemats with crayons to decorate) to some children at the nursery at my gym.
18. In honor of Avielle Richman, Age 6. We gave a Target gift card to our cashier at the grocery store.
19 & 20. In honor of Benjamin Wheeler, Age 6 and Allison Wyatt, Age 6. We shoveled our neighbors sidewalks during the last snow storm.
21. In honor of Rachel D’Avino, Age 29. We sent a cheerful card to someone with Lyme disease.
Acts 22-26 Coming Soon!